Backyard Organics in Appleton, WI
Organic land care services, like our Backyard Organics program, promote the idea of nature treating nature to ensure long-term sustainability, based on the current conditions of the soil, climate, and the requirements of the client. Best of all, because organic lawn care products are non-toxic, lawns can be used immediately after application! For those who enjoy spending time in their yard, especially those with children and pets, organic land care is an excellent, safe solution to lawn and yard maintenance.
As the first all-organic land care service in Northeast Wisconsin, our products and practices are not only safer for your family, but are also beneficial for the environment. Organic lawn care begins with the soil and understanding it’s biological, structural and textural makeup. By amending the soil, balancing its PH level, and providing an active blend of diverse microbial activity, we are able to create the healthiest environment for optimal grass growth. This natural approach will create a more nutrient-dense and sustainable soil, lawn, and yard over standard chemical use. Backyard Organics makes use of all natural products such as compost teas, gypsum, essential oils, and uniquely blended grass seeds to produce healthy, lush and weed-controlled lawn and plant material.
Over time, as you feed your soil organically you will eventually achieve self sustainability which means less time, less effort and less costs to maintain that healthy, safe lawn.
Benefits of Backyard Organic Land Care
- Lawns can be used immediately after application
- Improves soil structure and porosity, creating a better plant root environment
- Improves the moisture retention of light soils, reducing nutrient leaching, erosion, runoff and watering needs
- Aids the proliferation of soil microbes
- Supplies beneficial microorganisms to soils and growing media
- Encourages vigorous root growth
- Allows plants to more effectively utilize nutrients, while reducing nutrient loss by leaching
- Makes nutrients more available for plant uptake and enables soils to retain them longer
- Buffers soil pH