Looking for fun and unique ways to inspire outdoor living? Tired of looking at Pinterest ideas that seem unrealistic? Want to create your own backyard paradise, but not sure where to start? These ideas are for you!
With ideas like these, little things go a long way! Try a few things this year, add a few more next year, and before you know it your yard will be looking like that backyard eye candy everyone dreams about! Contemporary, modern, rustic, alfresco dining…Sign us up!
#1) Bar Carts – Nothing says alfresco dining like a mini-bar or a bar cart. Bringing your drinks outside not only makes your trip for a refill shorter, but also creates a nice display item that all your guests can enjoy!
2) Stylish Outdoor Rugs – A rug brings a warm and cozy feel that can also add flare. Choose something with some color to accent your color scheme, or something more neutral-colored to tie everything together!
3) Planters – Nothing brings a backyard to life like something living. Custom arrangements and planters can bring color and also be updated seasonally to reflect different color schemes. Add some trellises or vertical plantings to create height dimension and watch the way your backyard transforms. Ask us about our Color 365 program to learn more!
4) Swimming Pool – Need we say more? Nothing builds a backyard paradise like your own pool! Something the whole family can enjoy; a pool will lead to many lasting outdoor memories. Add some lounge chairs with bright throw pillows to accent with bold color and you will have a tropical destination right in your back yard. Did we mention we install pools?!
5) Vacation Vibes – Tropical feels are not just for the Caribbean! Paint your railings white, pick out some Ratana furniture, some tropical planters, and maybe even a seagrass rug. Before you know it, you will be able to hear the ocean in your backyard!
6) Fire – Firetables, fireplaces, firepits, and fire features leave endless opportunities for warmth and flare. Nothing creates a cozy atmosphere like the crackle of wood or the soft flicker of a gas flame. One of 2020’s Top Garden Trends, fire is sure to always bring the heat. Build a modern contemporary look with straight lines and a rectangular firetable or a free-flowing rustic look with a rounded firetable.
8) Create Cohesion and Flow – Take your indoor themes and extend them out! Whether it’s color scheme or even just a few accent colors, your indoor style does not have to end at the doorway.
9) Lighting – Low voltage lighting not only provides beauty and safety at night but also expands your ability to use your outdoor space later in the evening. Create a warm glow throughout your backyard as you up light some trees, add some path lights, or spotlight different highlights!
10) Add some color – Adding fresh paint to a deck or staircase is a great way to create an eye catcher that brings new life to older landscaping.
12) Make it multi-level- A multi-level landscape means a multi-purpose landscape. Levels create unique structural diversity that break up the landscape and provide little nooks for all sorts of different things whether it’s cocktails, open lounge areas, or a fire pit.
13) Frame it with a Bench or Seat Wall- Seat walls create visual intrigue and structure as they wrap the border of your patio or deck. They create more open space adding seating without filling your area with chairs.
14) Outdoor kitchen – Nothing inspires outdoor living quite like cooking and eating outside! Whether it is an expansive outdoor kitchen area, a pizza oven, or one of our favorite grills (Green Mountain and Green Egg), a kitchen adds a place to spend quality family time and enjoy good food together.
16) Make it comfy – Don’t just get furniture—class it up and make it comfy! Take a look at fabrics for outdoor pillows or throw cushions and create a seating area that you won’t want to leave! Express yourself with unique designs and colors and watch how it brings life and style to your space. We have extensive brochures of options for every taste.
17) Embellish with Little Things – Little details make big statements! Add lanterns throughout your yard, your favorite smelling candles, some of our favorite towels or napkins from June and December, and more! Stop by our retail center for fun ideas on how to create a space that fits your style!
18) Play Some Tunes – Every outdoor space needs some classy dinner music and late-night dance music. Whatever vibe you’re looking for, a nice Bluetooth speaker or an outdoor sound system takes your backyard party to the next level.
19) Add a Water Feature – When it comes to aesthetics, nothing quite relaxes like the soft trickle of a water feature in your backyard. Add lights to it and you have a whole new highlight to your outdoor oasis.
20) Build an Herb garden – Seems simple, but fresh herbs take every dish to the next level. They look cute in a small corner planter, highlight your green thumb, and make you look like an alfresco dining pro.
21) Get Active – Add a basketball hoop, a turf putting green, or maybe even a multipurpose court! Spending active time outside is great for your health and a great way to grow your outdoor living lifestyle.